I was updating a vCenter instance from 7.0 to 7.0.1a but got this error message but everything else seems to work fine. I just cleared the install state using this procedure and was able to use VAMI again. Oddly after clearing the update status VAMI was showing the old build number whereas the vSphere Client shows the new one. After some days there was 7.0.1b released and I tried this again but was stuck again at that point. Just yesterday I tried it again with 7.0.1c but the "Stage" and "Stage and Install" buttons were grayed out. So I digged a little and prepared the VCSA, after that the buttons got clickable again: Backup your appliance first! root@vcsa [ /storage/core/software-update ]# mv install_operation install_operation.bak root@vcsa [ /storage/core/software-update ]# mv stage_install_operation stage_install_operation.bak root@vcsa [ /storage/core/software-update ]# mv stage_operation stage_operation.bak root@vcsa [ /storage/core/software-update/updates
With the recent version vCenter 7.0.0b there seems still being an issue when having HTTP / HTTPS proxy configured and trying to import an OVA / OVF. This is the error message you will see most likely: Failed to deploy OVF package. ThrowableProxy.cause A general system error occurred: Transfer failed: Server not trusted: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target, note that HTTP/s proxy is configured for the transfer. A quick workaround is to disable Proxy via VAMI and only enable it when you need id to download updates via Lifecycle Manager or for vCenter updates. I have a support case open for this, let´s see if there will be a fix soon. cheers!
After some unsuccesful tries to update 7.0 to U1 i created a case with VMware to show them that i get a totally useless ESXi installation after the update to U1 17119627. The Case took a while but finally there is a workaround out for my specific case, actually i´m not thinking to be that specific as I'm just running ProLiant Gen10 and vSAN in a 10 Node cluster. The problem seems beeing with the software FCoE that i´m not using so it´s easy to just remove it from the configstore prior the update: configstorecli config current delete -c esx -g storage_fcoe -k fcoe_activation_nic_policies --all reboot (important) update to 7.0U1 as usual There should be a patch out soon that hopefully will address this but meanwhile you can try it this way. cheers! -Update 7.0.1c is fixing this issue so you can easily update now.